Deploy to Coherence
Coherence delivers automated environments across the full software development lifecycle, without requiring you to glue together your own mess of open source tools to get a world-class develper experience for your team. Coherence is focused on serving startups, who are doing mission-critical work. With one simple configuration, Coherence offers:
- Cloud-hosted development environments, based on VSCode. Similar to Gitpod or GitHub CodeSpaces
- Production-ready CI/CD running in your own GCP/AWS account, including: database migration/seeding/snapshot loading, parallelized tests, container building and docker registry management
- Full-stack branch previews. Vercel/Netlify-like developer experience for arbitrary container apps, including dependencies such as CDN, redis, and database resources
- Staging and production environment management in your AWS/GCP accounts. Production runs in its own cloud account (AWS) or project (GCP). Integrated secrets management across all environment types with a developer-friendly UI
You can see its current status and follow updates here on GitHub: https://github.com/redwoodjs/redwood/issues/8333.
But if you don't use prerender, carry on!
If you want to deploy your Redwood project on Coherence, run the setup command:
yarn rw setup deploy coherence
The command will inspect your Prisma config to determine if you're using a supported database (at the moment, only
mysql are supported on Coherence).
Then follow the Coherence Redwood deploy docs for more information, including if you want to set up:
- a redis server
- database migration/seeding/snapshot loading
- cron jobs or async workers
- object storage using Google Cloud Storage or AWS's S3